Red Hat Prosumer Linux Proposal Announcement

Markus McLaughlin hudsonman35 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 17:36:13 UTC 2008

I'm sorry I couldn't be at FUDcon this year, I wish there was a virtual
extension of it, however.  I look forward to all the news from it so I can
put something on my blog.  I want to know the latest on Fedora 10!  In the
meantime, I am getting ready to compose a second proposal, and I want to
send it to Red Hat, can someone give me an address I can send it to?  The
idea is a "step up" from Fedora but a "lite" version of RHEL for Small
Businesses or Homes with advanced needs.  I call this OS : "Red Hat Prosumer
Linux," perhaps this would be the consumer linux everyone would love to
have.  The best of both worlds, the multimedia, fun, and community of Fedora
with some of the advanced features that RHEL offers with limited tech
support for a year.  Unlike Red Hat Linux which was sold on store shelves,
this OS would only be available at online Linux vendor sites as well as
redhat.com.  The software would be sold from $30 to $50.  It would also be
offered as a 30 day trialware, if anyone wants to keep it, they purchase the
registration code for $50.    Anyway, I think it's a great idea and
something advanced Home Users are craving.  If anyone like to help me with
this proposal, my e-mail is hudsonman35 at gmail.com.  Onward and forward!

*Mark McLaughlin
linuxglobe.wordpress.com
Hudson, MA, USA*