Fedora 9 interviews - what's left

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 3 21:34:20 UTC 2008

Hi

I see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/EricSandeen done by
Rodrigo Menezes. It seems complete though he hasn't announced it himself.

What's left?
------------

FreeIPA - really unique and we are leading this effort that probably
will help solve one of the major admin pain point

Presto is in limbo for now. So we can skip it

Jidgo - Should cover if we are getting this as one of the alternative
distribution methods for Fedora 9. Cover pyjidgo and whatever new
features we are driving. Some discussions at

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/jigdo-user/2007-November/000113.html

PreUpgrade - Should be really interesting to cover

Anaconda - Very visible changes.Interview the entire Anaconda team.
Partition resizing support, Encryption support, netinst.iso that
combines boot.iso and rescue.iso, lots of other backend work

Display - Adam Jackson is release guy for the next upstream release and
scheduled it around Fedora 9. Should cover Fast X, RandR and probably
Soeren's work covered to some extend in

http://www.j5live.com/2008/01/30/j5-live-vlog-soeren-talks-about-projectors-in-fedora-rawhide/

Virtualization - Lot of major work esp xen on paravirt_ops. Look up a
lot of blogs including

http://berrange.com/personal/diary/2007/11/plan-for-xen-kernels-in-fedora-9

Get in touch with Daniel Berrange. He would know who else we can
interview on this. Ask about Ovirt, virtual appliance creator, policy
kit integration with virt manager, virtual storage, virt kernel boot etc.

LTSP integration - Very high profile. Interview Warren and Eric.
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/jigdo-user/2007-November/000113.html

Upstart - Probably the first time, we had a very core feature be mostly
community driven. Need to cover the FUDCon decision bits too. Not too
interesting technically since we no distribution is actually taking
advantage of upstart features yet and will be running under sysvinit
compatibility mode.

GDM, Gvfs, GCC 4.3 - Fedora is driving upstream. Backend stuff though
except for GDM. We will be early adopters so might be good to cover GDM
first.

Swfdec - Consult with desktop team and interview upstream too if we are
getting this installed by default

SELinux user space confinement - Not in the feature list but this is a
interesting feature neverthless and deserves to be highlighted better.
Blog at
http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/15700.html

Rahul