Some marketing tips from Linux magazine

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Mar 8 22:49:45 UTC 2008

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >  Which descriptions don't make sense either in the summary or after
> >  reading the specification. I think these are fairly good descriptions
> >  considering they are essentially developer specifications.
>

> How about this as a compromise....
> What if we leave the feature process development driven.. but we hook
> in a way for someone who is perusing the feature summaries to easily
> drop a comment or a note if they want a layperson explanation.  The
> notes would go to a marketing group..maybe even this list...an answer
> is formulated and sent back to the person who asked the the
> explanation and additionally linked in to the feature summary on the
> feature list without disturbing the development oriented information
> there.
>
> This might even be useful in figuring out where the next developer
> interview opportunities are.

+1 ... sort of like a press inquiries address, but offered as part of an
already useful document?  That way we are asking for targeted questions
and not inviting wide-open requests that are mainly covered in the
features pages.

We could also find a way to cross-tie the SSS with specific features, so
one has a press-friendly approach and there is a reciprocating link to
find the deeper developer-oriented content.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org