Fedora marketing meeting minutes

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 22:08:57 UTC 2008

Hello all.  A useful meeting today yielded some new work items:

* Metrics for marketing purposes.  On Kerri's advice, we're going to be
trolling through all of our various metrics to find compelling numbers for
the press.  Users, contributors, growth rate in various projects, whatever
we can find to make Fedora's growth as compelling a story as possible.
Since Max is already wrangling lots of metrics data, he will take the lead
on this.  If you have any questions or advice, let him know.

* Examples of successes of the 4 Fs.  In Fedora, we care about four
things: Freedom, Features, Folks, and being First.  We need some concrete
examples of how these 4 Fs make Fedora 9 a huge success.  In
particular, Maureen Duffy suggested redoubling our efforts on
interviews that are also demos; the idea is to have some Fedora stars
actually give demoes of their favorite features.  Paul Frields will be
leading a separate discussion sometime this week; read his email to the
list.

* Francesco Ugolini will be giving us an overview of Ambassador activities
in support of the F9 release, pending some other business that FAMSCO is
wrapping up this week.

The marketing plan is basically good "as is" right now -- it's not
perfect, but it gives us enough information to continue to drive tactical
work for the F9 release.

See you all next week: 1900 UTC / 3pm EDT, #fedora-mktg, irc.freenode.net.
Thanks for the continued hard work of those who continue to show up every
week for long meetings.  :)

--g

(p.s. does someone have an IRC log to post?)

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager