New Content for fedoraproject.org

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu May 1 05:24:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

> So as discussed in the meeting, some leadership is needed in order to
> accomplish that... that is why i want some people here in the marketing
> team to help on it... we will be deciding what we think the website
> should be. Making this decisions doesn't mean that that is exactly what
> should appear on the site, but will give us an idea on what the website
> should be for (remember that the website is a tool for promoting the
> project and so far it is not doing it in the best way).

Is it not?

I think there's this assumption that the current Fedora website is
terribly useless.  But I look at the front page of fedoraproject.org, and
I see *exactly* what I think I *should* see.

If others disagree, it is a relatively simple thing to produce a mockup
and say "this is *my* vision."

Unfortunately, websites are ideal targets for bikeshed arguments.  And I
think that's what we've had, over and over.

I'm reminded of something one of my creative writing professors said as we
critiqued one another's work: "If everybody has the same complaint, you
need to fix it -- but if everyone has different complaints, you can safely
ignore all of them."

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg