New Content for fedoraproject.org

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 1 23:41:43 UTC 2008

Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

> Another question i have is, do we have some explanation about each media
> that we provide?, i could fin explanation on whats the difference
> between the Live media (general idea) and Installation dvd, but i cant
> seem to find a description about what is the Desktop Live CD or KDE Live
> CD... also information about spins would be good.

Fedora Desktop Spin: This spin is for Fedora users on desktops and
laptops. It combines the best of breed software packages that a typical
home user would use that fits into a CD.

Fedora KDE Spin: This spin is a alternative to the Fedora Desktop Live
CD but showcases and focuses on KDE software and is a great option for
KDE fans.

Ditto for Fedora Xfce spin. Good for low resource systems.

Fedora Electronics Lab Spin : This spin helps professionals and students
design, simulate and program electronic systems. Included are tools for
analog and digital simulation, circuit simulation, hardware development,
micro-controller development, and embedded systems development.

Fedora Games Spin: This spin is a Live DVD that allows you to explore
the wonderful and fun gaming potential of Fedora without altering your
existing setup. Included are a variety of modern, 3-D shooters such as
Nexuiz and Quake 3, along with classics such as Freeciv and Nethack!

Fedora Developer Spin: This spin is a Live DVD jam-packed with various
development applications, such as Eclipse, Anjuta, git, cvs, lynx,
emacs, and a hex editor; and build tools like GCC, Inkscape, Koji,
createrepo, mock, rpmdevtools, rpmlint and much more.

You might want to highlight livecd-tools, liveusb-creator and newly
added support for persistence. Encryption and partition resizing support
in Anaconda along with liveusb-creator on Windows provides a good
migration path.

http://lewk.org/blog/liveusb-creator-2.0.html

Rahul