Re: My explanation on Fedora's LifeCycle

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 10:12 +0200, Nayyar Ahmad wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I tried to explain Fedora's fast releasing myth with shorter Life
> Cycle, I would appreciate if someone correct me on any mistake... I
> d'nt want to spread something **wrong**.
>
> Thanks

+1

I like the way how you show up the difference betwene short and long
release cycles. But there is a significant difference betwen "life
cycle" and "release cycle", so I think it would be good to explain that
too, many people think it's the same.

I also agree with you at the point, that shorter release cycles are
better for end-users. They *need* good and up-to-date hardware support,
because they are buying the newest hardware. I think that is one of the
most important reasons for someone to choose a linux distro,
specifically for those switching from windows.

All in all a good article and I'm curios what the others are thinking
about.
--
Holger Dörner
Fedora Ambassador (Germany)