Re: USB Keys

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 12:35 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> I believe Jesse Keating handed out some at LinuxFest Northwest -- AFAIK
> they were simply bought off the shelf and created as needed from the
> livecd-iso-to-disk tool.  You can find 2 GB keys (which can provide a
> runnable Live image plus at least 1 GB persistence overlay) pretty darn
> cheap these days.  However, since they're still an order of magnitude
> more expensive than CD and DVD media, we haven't taken the plunge yet on
> mass-producing them for release.

Close to correct.  I pre-generated them on the flight from BOS to SEA.
Turns out  you can do 50~ key generations on one flight on one laptop
battery, but it got close (mostly due to some reboots to verify the keys
and some kvm guest launches to do the same).

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)