Re: Virtual FUDcon Proposal

2008/5/16 Nayyar Ahmad <nayyares gmail com>:

2008/5/16 Markus McLaughlin <hudsonman35 gmail com>:

Hello to everyone who cares about Fedora!!!

I come to you with a proposal about how a "Virtual FUDcon" could be set up on a web site...
When a REAL Convention is happening in a city, a virtual extension takes place as well.
On my Linux Blog (http://linuxglobe.wordpress.com,) there is a example of what I will
describe is shown, made in GIMP.   A web site is set up with a live video feed, archived
video links, a ticker for alerts, and IRC-style chat rooms called "booths."  Please consider
using this "Virtual Convention" concept for FUDcon 2009 or any other
Convention/Event!!!
 Hi Markus,

The idea of having Virtual FUDcon is nice, but we should keep in mind that Middle East & Afircan fedora users might not be able to attend this, because of low internet bandwidth & high cost...i am afraid to say most part of these contenent might not be able to watch this

I would love the idea of a virtual FUDcon. I am based in Canada, but due to our only 2 air carriers, the prices for flying anywhere is extremely expensive (3 hour flight, for example, is CDN $1000+). However, we have some selection of ISPs and being able to attend virtually would be the ideal option for us. Not quite the same as being there, but better than nothing. I would definitely partake in that, even if there was a charge involved for access to it.