Re: Bleeding-edge Fedora

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

.  I think that
comprehensive testing, right now, is the biggest weakness we have. Some of the bugs we shipped with are pretty ugly.

Absolutely. We make a pretty big effort on testing what we ship however and that should still be recognized.

Some of these bugs could have been found with simple test suites -- but we haven't managed to get that work done. It's a real problem.

Releasing parts of a automated testing framework without any tests to go along with that wasn't a very useful decision. We can't build a testing community with just that. I am still talking to folks to fix that.