Re: Fedora Logo History

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
Duvelle Jones wrote:
You know, I am not too sure about the reasoning to that decision. But
that is something that should be up for discussion, there may or may not
be legal repercussion for the use of a non-open typeface. (and I am no
legal expert, so I am not sure to what those repercussion might be.)

There isn't. Fonts as a piece of software can have IP attached to them; letterforms are not copyrightable AFAIK. So I do not believe there is legal risk here.

IANAL, but I saw this source used as a reference when talking about this issue: http://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/20050425novalis