Getting out the vote for the Fedora 10 election season

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:15:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 08:16:27PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> 2008/10/1 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> > I bet the Fedora News crew would jump at the chance to devote a
> > special issue to this coverage, if someone but asks politely and
> > describes the need concisely.
>

> well those conditions definitely disqualify me.

Heh.

Oisin, Pascal, Max, et al.: Would you be interested in running a
special issue of Fedora Weekly News -- or simply devoting a regularly
scheduled issue -- to reporting on IRC chat interviews/Q&A with
community members running for elections?

It seems like everyone, including the Board, is in favor of a general
election where FESCo, the Board, etc. will run their elections
concurrently sometime with 30 days after release of Fedora 10.  To
give the community a better idea of where nominees stand, the
Marketing group will have a method for gathering questions and posing
them to the nominees.  If FWN were to report those answers they could
potentially reach a lot more people, thus resulting in a more informed
electorate.

Are you interested in this idea?  If you're not already, you may want
to join the fedora-marketing-list to follow and help with the
discussion: