FWN: Facebook page

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Sun Oct 5 14:26:01 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 09:47:26AM -0400, Pascal Calarco wrote:
>
>> I thought I would try to raise the visibility of FWN a bit by creating a
>> Facebook page for FWN, as a 'communications product' type of Fan page.
>> Not high impact, but another vector that advances the publication, the
>> project, and the brand.
>>
>> Suggestions and revisions most welcome!
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fedora-Weekly-News/33564906746
>>

> The splintering of pages on Facebook continues to be an issue with a
> lot of FB users.  Have you considered getting added to the existing
> Fedora groups somehow, and submitting stories to those pages instead?
>
> http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=11454680248&ref=ts
> http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2205138518&ref=ts
>
> I don't know that much about Facebook groups and how they operate, so
> maybe there's a way to "subscribe" your group to the others, in which
> case it wouldn't matter whether it's separate or not.  Good luck!

Agreed.  Search for 'Fedora' in Facebook and you get many pages with a
wide variety of utility and authority.  Perhaps a few of us in the
marketing list could work on what Paul suggests here?  Anyone up for
this?  There is also a semi-official Fedora Ambassadors page on FB that
would be good if it could be made official.

  - pascal