Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 14:01:01 UTC 2008

	Ola Rodrigo

El vie, 10-10-2008 a las 10:51 -0300, Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
escribió:
> Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) escreveu:
> >> Hello Guys!
> >>
> >> Read this bad news:
> >>
> >> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1474805050;fp;16;fpid;1
> >>
> >> This is happening frequently. I think we will have to revise some things
> >> within the project, particularly the creation of a Legacy project or a
> >> Fedora LTS.
> >
> > There is a Fedora LTS. It's called RHEL or CentOS.
>
> So, we are working here to recommend Red Hat and CENTOS ??
>
> That's the question, Ubuntu has a LTS, Fedora don't! That's the main
> problem of the Fedora Project.
>
> Today, we have many users! With this idea to recommend Centos and Red
> Hat, we will have a lot of users in the future ?
>
> Thinking in this way, we will hear frequently "Fedora is a beta tester
> version to add and improve technologies for Red Hat EL ".

	One of the best phrases I've hear for defining this is: "Fedora is the
best of today, RHEL is the best of the following seven years"

	I don't think Fedora as a Beta, I use it on my system without any
problem, but from the sysadmin point of view, it's rather difficult to
catch with all updates and management that a system requires. What a
sysadmin wants is a 'stable' environment, not in the meaning of crashes,
but in the sense of 'less frequent changes'.

> For me and for marketing, it isn't a great decision!
>
> Now i'm presenting lectures in all Brazilian states and i can't talk
> about this.. USE CENTOS OR RHEL. I have to recommend Fedora.
>
> I'm here to represent and spread fedora, not Centos or Red hat EL.

	Completely agree with you, the point here is Fedora.

	Regards
	Pablo

--

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
RHCE/RHCSP/RHCSS Global Profesional Services Consultant Spain

--
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B-82 65 79 41
Directores: Michael Cunningham, Charlie Peters y David Owens