Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira rodrigopadula at projetofedora.org
Fri Oct 10 14:27:40 UTC 2008

Kam escreveu:
> +1
>
> --
> Kam
> http://kamsalisbury.com
> GPG key: FAF1751E

We are talking not exclusively about Fedora for Servers, here in Brazil,
SERPRO and others companies and government departments  are migrating
Desktops Fedora to Desktops Ubuntu.

You got it ?

SERPRO (Brazilian Government IT Department) has more than 9.000 desktops
running Fedora (in all brazilian states) and now is migrating to Ubuntu,
because is impossible to migrate every year to other Fedora Release.
With the short time support is impossible to work and use Fedora.

So, thinking in this way, Bill gates is correct!

"We think of (FEDORA) as a competitor in the student and hobbiest
market, but i really don't think in the commercial market we'll see it
in any significant way"

Bill gates

So we have to say that ??

- If you are a Geek, a student or developer, you can use Fedora
otherwise, you have to use Centos or Red Hat EL.

Great marketing guys!! With this idea we will conquest the world!!

Sorry, but, for me it don't make sense! I can't work in a project in a
cooperative way, contributing and cooperating with something that's not
to be used in a serious way.

--

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira
M.Sc. Student - COPPE/UFRJ