Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 10 15:44:34 UTC 2008

> I know what is Fedora and I understand the GOAL of the project, i'm here
> since 2005.

Try to think about this in terms of free software, not distro v distro.

For me, I use and contribute to Fedora because I care about freedom,
want to help drive freedom forward and believe Fedora is the best
place for me to achieve these goals at the moment. I couldn't careless
if people use Cent OS, RHEL, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo etc etc (some
questions Re: Ubuntu's stance on freedom), they're all going to be
using free software, much of which was developed on Fedora by Fedora
developers.

This has been my focus of marketing Fedora, the cool innovative work
that our developers do, to a) get them credit, and b) to encourage
others to come and join in as contributors.

> Thinking in this way, we are working to improve other distros.

Which is fine, if freedom is what you really care about.

> Who contribute with a project, want to see you contributions being used
> in companies, schools, governments...

And Fedora contributions are used in schools, governments etc, just in
other distributions, and that's something you should be proud of IMHO.

Jon