Connection Sharing in NetworkManager

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:52:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 12:12 -0600, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > It's as simple as one, two, three."
> >
> > Watch the awesome video at
> >
> > http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/10/16/video-fedora-10-connection-sharing/
> >

> I watched the video, downloaded the Fedora10 Snapshot2 LiveCD and
> tried myself... not as simple as one, two, three... Where I can find
> more info? I tried google, but get too many hits non relevant to this
> solution.
>
> I am planing a Fedora 10 launch party at Managua, Nicaragua. I will
> love to show during the event a live demonstration of this internet
> sharing capability. It is a common need for hack-fest, bar-camps or
> just lan-parties...  it will move people.

You don't include any details about what problems you had, so it's hard
to know how to respond.  Perhaps you could do the following?

(1)  Make sure the problem can be duplicated
(2)* (preferred)  File a bug in Bugzilla that states the problem
(3)  Email the fedora-desktop-list to bring attention to the issue

We certainly want this to work as advertised, in the same way that I
witnessed right in front of me when I shot that film myself! ;-)

--
Paul W. Frields