Opening Red Hat Magazine

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 24 20:30:08 UTC 2008

> So let's say, for the sake of argument, that we fold news.fp.o in as a
> sub-brand of RHM, and you get to use RHM infrastructure, and you're running
> the news.fp.o beat.
>
> Is that something you might be interested in?

How do you mean a sub-brand?

I don't know if you saw when I put forward my vision for what I'd like
a news.fp.o to look like, but I'd like to try and get content up 3-5
times a week, and I think by building from existing content that
already gets created, we can probably fill this quite easily. I don't
know if that's more content than you had in mind for a 'sub-brand'.

My other worry is that I'd hoped to use news.fp.o as a central
location for promoting our various marketing initiatives, and
promoting the Fedora brand. Maybe it's just me, but having a Fedora
tag under RHM seems like it might weaken that mission a little, making
Fedora feel even more like a Red Hat sub project than a stand alone
project in its own right - but maybe that's just me being silly.

I appreciate the benefits this would also provide us with, though.
Being able to work with the professionals at RHM would be a really
fantastic resource, and by using existing infrastructure probably save
Bret a whole lot of headaches!

Jon