Opening Red Hat Magazine

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Thu Sep 25 02:42:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:57:53 -0400 (EDT), "Greg Dekoenigsberg"
<gdk at redhat.com> said:

> I'd like to ask folks here on this list a question.
>
> If we decided to open up Red Hat Magazine, so that members of the Fedora
> community were part of the editorial board, responsible for identifying
> and producing great Fedora content for a broad audience, and using the
> Red
> Hat Magazine voice directly -- would that be of interest to people here?
>
> I'm talking about running RHM completely transparently.  Open editorial
> meetings, an open publication calendar, etc., etc.  Would you be
> interested in participating in such a project?

That sounds like something with which I'd be very interested in being
involved. Part of that interest is based on my perception that Red Hat
Magazine does a great job of transmitting information from the original
sources so well, for example the articles on SELinux[1] and Func and
Cobbler[2]. RHM is also a useful one-stop-shop for information from Red
Hat events[3].  Material "from the horse's mouth" is hard to get hold of
and is one of RHM's strengths. Do you think this could continue with a
re-jigged RHM?

Also, do you see any role for Fedora Weekly News?

1.
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/07/02/writing-policy-for-confined-selinux-users/

2.
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/08/10/cobbler-how-to-set-up-a-network-boot-server-in-10-minutes/