Press kits

Steven Moix steven.moix at axianet.ch
Thu Apr 30 10:40:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 19:56 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 05:51:05PM -0600, Clint Savage wrote:
> > >
> > > Who's reviewed the text and design at this point?
> >
> > Pretty much me and Jack since it was physical presskits.  I think
> > Moixs was going to put them up on our site but I think how he created
> > them wasn't using free tools and he was trying to find a way to do
> > that.  I'm not sure though, so don't quote me on that.
>
> Let's see if Moixs pokes his head in on this thread tomorrow; he's
> likely asleep now.  The "press kit" I was talking about has a more
> limited audience, but any press kit that Fedora is sending out really
> must use free tools.  It sounds like that's already being addressed.
> If the original was prepared in French, I'm keen to see the English
> translation when finished.  Maybe Moixs can tell us who's working on
> that, unless you or Jack know.

Ok, a résumé of the situation:

* Jack should have translated my physical press kits by now.
* I asked the Art team to recreate these press kits in Scribus one week
ago, not much going on since then. It's in the design service queue on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

We have 2 choices now if nothing moves quickly:
* Send me the English texts and I'll create the PDF files from my Adobe
InDesign source (my trial version still hasn't expired), we can always
recreate the models in Scribus later.
* Use Paul's press kit for the F11 release and only use the new ones for
F12.

Steven