Temporary FI platform

Simon Birtwistle simon at zikula.org
Sat Aug 15 15:02:42 UTC 2009

> > I'd definitely like to see the code for that somewhere though :-)
> Oops, and just a few seconds later, I discover
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-zikula/ with its git repo at
> git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-zikula.git.  And if that wasn't
> enough, it's already in the infrastructure repo, so you can just yum
> install zikula-module-fedora-fasauth when you set it up on a publictest
> machine.

I am responsible for zikula-fasauth (yes, I'm lurking on most Fedora lists).

FasAuth does the following:

When you attempt to login it:
	1. Checks you are a valid user in FAS
	2. Checks that you are a member of a select few groups (CRA,
cms-admin I think)
	3. If you've been already, you get logged in
	4. If you haven't been, you get a zikula mirror-account created
	5. From here you are logged in

Your password and username will always be controlled by FAS, and you have a
shell account on the Zikula system for Zikula's access control and basic
functionality.  Access control and permissioning is handled by the Zikula
system (we agreed with docs this would be better than adding loads of groups
to FAS).

I also recommend having a fallback vanilla Zikula admin account on the
instance, so that should for any reason FAS go down (maintenance, error etc)
we can still admin the website.

Simon