Fedora 12 Alpha release notes: TODO

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:18:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 09:11:36PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 08/17/2009 03:08 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see a lot of discussions/meetings etc but not not enough people
> > editing the release notes to generate actual content.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Alpha_release_notes
> >
> > If you want to help, the following things would be good to add:
> >
> > * Screenshot of NM broadband wizard
> >
> > * Replace the GNOME Volume screenshot with one taken with the default
> > Fedora GNOME theme

See below.

> > * Attach the Ogg Video of Plymouth bootup to the relevant section
> >
> > * Expand the PackageKit section with more details. Take a Ogg Theora
> > Video of PackageKit command line plugin in action.

See below.

> > * Add details on Empathy - protocols, feature esp in comparison to
> > Pidgin and missing features that are planned to be filled in before the
> > general release. Would help set expectations.
>
> Noone interested?

Sound prefs:

http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/images/screenshots/f12-sound-prefs/

PackageKit command not found plugin:

http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/video/pk-cnf-plugin.ogg

This was super-simple to do, I just installed istanbul, created a new
user account to run it, and found a random command not already
installed.

OK, who else is going to step up and try one or two of these items?
Putting f-marketing-l on the CC just to see if we can catch anyone
there looking for easy ways to help.