Uploading own work

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Dec 2 11:40:52 UTC 2009

On 12/02/2009 12:39 PM, Tareq Al Jurf wrote:

> I thought about the same last week.
> I've found a better way for anyone to upload his work,
> My Idea is to have a site similar to the sites: linuxmint-art.org
> <http://linuxmint-art.org> and ubuntu-art.org...

We at the Design Team are looking for la long time for a way to easily
share the work, evaluated a number of options and were not happy with
any of them.

At first we tried to use the wiki, but is hard to navigate and it won't
scale: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras

Then we had a running instance of Gallery 2 and it lacks a lot of needed
features: http://publictest7.fedoraproject.org/gallery2/main.php

There are also a good deal of other galleries (like ccHost) but all of
them are far from perfect.

Oh, and there is this test instance of Plogger, from
marketing/ambassadors: http://publictest16.fedoraproject.org/plogger/

> I've contacted someone from Mint and he told me that the site is
> maintained by opendesktop.org <http://opendesktop.org> .
> He also told me that he thinks that they'll be happy to maintain a
> similar site for Fedora, and suggested that i contact them through the
> form on their site. So I did, but till now i got no response.

I am not thrilled about running any part of our infrastructure on a
closed platform hosted on a 3-rd party site. Duh! "Copyright 2007-2009
openDesktop.org Team"