LinkedIn: so many Fedora-related groups

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Wed Dec 2 19:50:27 UTC 2009

I carved out some time  to do some background on the current LinkedIn
Fedora-related groups.  As a starting point, I thought I would report
out here what I found and suggest some next steps.

Fedora (1,733 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49737
Owners/Managers: Francesco Crippa, Paul W. Frields, Pascal Calarco, Jon
Stanley

Fedora Project (150 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=55981
Owner: Marek Mahut

Fedora Ambassadors (90 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=118086
Owner: Magie Gaffud-Antonio

Fedoraproject users (21 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=137626
Owner: Henrik Heigl

Fedora Tunisia (8 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=74564
Owner: M'Barek Nihed

The Fedora Project Community in India (8 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=715567
Owner: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

RPM Fusion (6 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=849277
Owner: Xavier Lamien

Fedora Linux (5 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1576067&
Owner: Naresh Kumar

FZUG - Fedora Chinese User Group - Fedora 中文用户组 - Fedora 中文社群
(2 members)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1090317
Owner: Blue (Yijun) Yuan

Fedora project (1 member)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2493009
Owner: Ilmars Dinbirs

Fedora Bangladesh (1 member)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2102941
Owner: Ashiqur Rahman

So there's some overlap in the general groups above.  To what extent
does everyone think we should try to reduce the number of these?  I do
think the regional groups are good and serve a different scope of
purpose than the general group.

If there are a number of us working on the social networking piece who
will be at FUDCon, perhaps this might be a candidate for HackFesting
Sunday/Monday.

   - pascal

-----
Pascal Calarco