[in the news] Fedora 12 Offers Latest Features and Usability

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 14:28:47 UTC 2009

Database Trends and Applications
12.16.09

Fedora 12 Offers Latest Features and Usability

[clip]

"Overall, one of the things that is really important about Fedora 12
over previous releases is that we have stepped back from the platform a
bit to look at the overall user experience that people have, and we have
spent a good amount of time applying effort to the fit and finish of the
distribution to make for a more pleasant experience when people are
using it," Paul Frields, Fedora project leader at Red Hat, tells
/LinuxLine. /

"The fit and finish that we have done extends from everything down to
the engineering work that has been done to provide a beautiful boot
screen all the way up to the way that icon spacing done is in the
interface and we have looked at everything in-between. And while we
don't feel like we are finished with that yet, we do feel like Fedora 12
was a real leap ahead in terms of being a very polished, solid
distribution that anybody is able to use."

Full post:
http://www.dbta.com/Articles/Editorial/Linux-News/Fedora-12-Offers-Latest-Features-and-Usability-60265.aspx