"The 4 Foundations" thread on fedora-ambassadors

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 18 20:11:16 UTC 2009

hello all!

This is an idea that I explore first with Mel at IRC and like we have a good
feedback, let me trough it in here:

Fedora Ambassadors/Marketing/Design has several projects that sometimes
doesn't get done by time, effort, people, or anything else. Some of those
project "can" be mix into one and join the small effort and cooperation on
each one into one big project with more power and scope. So this is the
idea:

* 4 foundations: is the literary representation of what is fedora as a
complement of technology and people.
* Personas (people): is a way to know more about who makes Fedora possible,
how and what does everything gets involved
* Picture book: is a window through our team real life beyond the pc
monitor.

what can we do with this 3 projects? you can ask this questions to yourself:

What have I done for fedora? why have I done this? am I part of any of the 4
foundations slogan? what am i doing (or have I done) being part of Fedora
family? can I take a picture of what fedora means to me?

We could maybe use this 3 project and make one to show people that we are
like everyone else, everyone can help, everyone can make a difference.

Ideas near Christmas, lol

Bye bye!

2009/12/18 Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com>

> ...makes interesting reading, in case some folks here haven't seen it yet.
>

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2009-December/msg00219.html
>
> They refer to the Foundations - Freedom, Friends, Features, First - we go
> by, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations.
>
> As someone who's still comparatively new to the Fedora world (I wasn't here
> when the Foundations were first created), it's fascinating to watch these
> discussions, and how we continuously create our notions of what Fedora means
> to us.
>
> This is the kind of good discussion that I'd love to be able to tell
> stories about, but which most people don't get to see, or even realize we
> have. Is there a way to highlight this sort of conversation - maybe as a
> Fedora Insight article - so other folks can get a glimpse into the kind of
> community we are (and hopefully, like what they see and join us)?
>
> --Mel
>
> --

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro