Fedora 11: What do we expect?

Ashiqur Rahman Angel angel at linux.org.bd
Sun Feb 1 13:01:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

1

> Omega would cover that check announce list, based on F10. iirc

I know about Omega. I also made many Fedora Remixes, lately. But all this
are Remix or Omega. But not the official Fedora. I don´t want to start
promoting Omega instead of Fedora.

> No problems here with Gnome. (EU citizen)
> Ask rpmfusion about kde bit.

I asked. They told me to ask KDE.

> google autoten from dangermouse

This can´t be a permanent  solution, we don´t know yet, for next release
we´ll get autoten or not. RPM fusion is officially acceptable from Fedora as
3rd party repo, but autoten is not yet. And moreover there has not any ATI
driver there.

> refer to above points, packagekit can handle media-codecs
> if rpmfusion enabled, allegedly.

For a new user, it´s very difficult to find out each codecs and install. Why
they will go to trouble as they has easiest way to do this in Ubuntu? So why
they will use Fedora?

> You would need a local repo 40+ gb to do that, which no other distro
> does either, by default.

I replied it on my previous reply.

> Can't you expand on this, I don't full understand the point?

I have a rpm of amarok, this package has not any dependency isuues. It can
be install stand alone. Now give me a solution, how can I install this rpm
without touching terminal?

> That could be workable in "sofware sources" open to correction.

I replied it on my previous reply.

> Don't agree, as updates are frequent, and you already have the dvd from
> above.

This is a big problem of us, where we use a slow internet connection.

> Because they believe (debatable) in the concept of freedom,
> but won't\don't work towards it's advancement.

So do you I think, I dont believe in the concept of freedom? I use Fedora. I
love Fedora. I care about it. I also want to see other people to use Fedora.
That´s why we need a simple solution of this.

--
Angel
GPG key: 0x34001F46

Fedora -- Freedom² and rapid innovation