About the Marketing Meetings...

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 20:45:24 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I think we need to discuss certain details surrounding the marketing
meetings, such day and time.  Over the last 3 meetings we have had very
poor attendance and I think the meetings might be conflicting with class
times of certain contributors, now that US universities are back in session.

The meetings are vital for us as a forum to get together and discuss
what we are working on and to gauge progress and exchange ideas.

I would like everyone to take about 10 minutes out of their day and
please let me know:

1. Is there any specific reason due to which you do not or have not
recently participated in meetings?
2. When do you think is the best day and time for a meeting?
3. Is there anything else we can be doing inside the meetings that might
make the meetings more valuable to you?
4. Is there anything else that we can do in marketing, in general, that
you think would make the project more valuable and beneficial to Fedora
as a whole?

I'm just trying to get some open exchange of feedback so that we can
figure out what our areas for improvement are and what goals we should
be striving for and how we can start working together again so that we
can build sustainable momentum.  Prior to the holiday break we were full
steam ahead and things sort of died down.

So I'll throw this one to you guys...

Thanks,
Jack