Re: Comments about Microsoft and the GPL

2009/7/21 Keiran Smith <affix fedoraproject org>:
> Well looks like us linux users can look forward to some of the instabilities
> of windows in our Own Operating Systems. What are microsoft thinking

Yes, and they are going to replace the 'halt' command with 'start', so
when you type

$ sudo start

your system shuts down.

Seriously, this is not how the GPL works. As long as it remains GPL,
then the Linux devs can do their own fine job bringing instabilities
to the kernel, like they've been doing for years. Somehow, i don't
think that's really going to happen though.

-Yaakov