Fwd: Fedora 11 s390x preview

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 18 16:25:17 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fedora 11 s390x preview
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:58:26 +0200
From: Karsten Hopp <karsten at redhat.com>
To: fedora-s390x at lists.fedoraproject.org,        Development discussions
related to Fedora Core	<fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>

Hello,

The Fedora s390x team is pleased to announce a first preview of Fedora
11 for s390x
in form of a prebuilt hercules image and as a tarball which can be
unpacked on
a free DASD of your z9 or z10.
We currently have ~11600 binary packages of Fedora 11/s390x and are
working on
getting real boot images.

Hercules images with instructions can be downloaded from
http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/spins/S390/

Individual packages are available at
 https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=s390x

More info will be added in the next few days at
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/s390x

If you're interested, please join our mailing list at
 https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fedora-s390x
or our IRC channel #fedora-s390x on freenode.net

Regards

    Karsten Hopp, s390x secondary arch maintainer
<fedora-s390x at lists.fedoraproject.org>