DRAFT: Plan for F11 Marketing/Press Push

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:58:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:37:52PM +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
>
>> Mon May 11 -- draft of May 12 news to fedora-marketing-list
>>
>> Tue May 12 -- release news about "General Release Run-up" & Audio
>> Interview with Jesse Keating, Fedora Release Engineer
>
> Do we have some text that is going to accompany this release?  I also
> think we should try to ensure that the subject of the podcast has a
> chance to give the edited version a listen prior to its release, just to
> give it a +1 or recommend any changes.

Agreed.  I emailed Richard with my podcast, and he is supposed to get
back to me by tomorrow.  I think he trusts me with the editing process
but I like to be sure.

I would note that these podcasts take real time to do well!  The
actual taping took about 45 minutes, including fiddling.  The editing
took more than three hours, although part of that time was me
re-learning my way through Audacity.

> Come tomorrow morning when we release the news (and every morning that we
> release news), what is the plan?  What is being sent to blogs, mailing
> lists, and the news distribution network?  How is the NDN being
> coordinated?  We need to sort out these details because we will be
> repeating this process a number of times in the next 2 weeks.

+1.

>> Wed May 13 -- draft of May 14 news to fedora-marketing-list
>>
>> Thu May 14 -- release news about "Package Kit" & Audio & Print
>> Interview with Richard Hughes
>
> We have a nice interview here that we can summarize.
> 	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKit_in_Fedora_11
>
> I believe that Paul Frields is editing the audio interview that was
> conducted with Richard.  Hopefully this will be ready with enough time to
> let Richard listen to it and give it a +1.

Yup, see above.