Self-introduction: Ryan Rix (PhrkOnLsh)

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 19:08:42 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

After talking with Mel Chua and Ankur Sinha on the #Fedora-mktg channel last
night, Ankur and I have decided to embark on a Marketing project[1] for either
F13, or the F14 feature track. As a result, I've decided to actually join the
Marketing team, so here is my formal self-introduction :)

*Full legal name (as you use it is fine)
Ryan Rix

*City, Country; you may use your timezone if you have a compelling reason not
to specify your city or country
Phoenix, AZ, USA

*Profession or Student status
High School Student

*Company, School, or other affiliation
Deer Valley High School

*Your goals in the Fedora Project
To see Fedora Linux and the Fedora Project shine, and for the project to lead
the FOSS community as a whole. Getting Fedora's awesome community involved is
a key part of this happening, and it's what I am also trying to accomplish in
becoming a local Fedora Project ambassador.

*What do you want to talk about?
Fedora, of course! I'm a member of the KDE SIG, so that's where my expertise
in the distro lies, but pretty much anything related to the project, the
distro or the people is open territory :)

*What would you like to see in Fedora?
Fedora's Four Pillars are one of the major reasons I was so attracted to the
distribution and community. I think that making sure the distro follows these
four goals will help to propel Fedora to the forefront of the GNU/Linux
community as a whole. We should always be striving to package, integrate, ship
and promote cutting edge software, services and designs to the Fedora
community and the FOSS community as a whole. We should strive to lead by
example in not embracing proprietary software solutions at all costs and we
should be willing to fight for our freedom.

*Anything else you'd like to do?
As I said above, I'm going to be working with Ankur Sinha on bringing his
awesome idea to light within the F13 or F14 feature period, and that's
probably what I will be focusing most of my initial work in Marketing on. It
sounds like a very exciting project and could have a huge impact on Fedora's
new users, and attracting possible contributors.

*Historical qualifications
High School Newspaper? Not much :) I'm an ambassador, if that helps :)

*What other projects or marketing effors have you worked on in the past? (List
what you think is relevant)
Null

*What level and type of marketing skills do you have?
Not much besides a veracity and will to make Fedora as awesome as possible :)

*What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
Minimal coding skills, in C++ and python, which I'll be expanding via a few
small projects and fedora-tour in the near future. I may also have a tablet PC
in the near future to help express my (pathetic) artistic skills :-)

Happy Thanksgiving for all your Americans, and happy Thursday for everyone
else,
Ryan Rix
Ambassador, KDE SIG, News (and now Marketing) :)

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora-tour
--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.