Slogan use

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 15:49:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:29:35AM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
>>> I am fine with this except we need that replacement, more general slogan
>>> now for this to happen for F12.
>>
>> Yes, I agree with Paul about moving the changing slogan to the download
>> page. Let's fix a deadline with something like one week from now for the
>> general slogan.
>
> I think the questions here are:
>
> * For Mo: Do you/Design have the bandwidth to incorporate a new general
> slogan into the website designs for F12?
> * Does somebody here want to step up to run a general slogan selection
> process? It will take at least a week (to give people enough time for
> comment), possibly longer if this is going to be The Generic Slogan Than
> Lasts For Multiple Releases.
>
> If both these things are yes, then we can do it. If either one is no,
> then F13 it is.

I think the latter is probably a yes, but I really feel strongly that
Mo's been saddled with a lot of tasks already.  I don't want to speak
for her, and I haven't discussed this directly with her, but I think
holding off for F13 may be best.

Besides, when you think about it... "Unite" may be a nice precursor to
uniting our sloganeering efforts. :-)  Metaslogan!