[Fedora-mentors-list] Thank You

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 16:05:54 UTC 2005

On 09/19/2005 10:42 PM, Victor Skovorodnikov wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just would like to thank Christopher and Marc for their comments and
>encouraging words in regards to my introductory email.  From what I
>understand it is mostly up to the contributors to make their own
>contributions.

Pretty much.  We can't make you do anything you don't want to.  :-)

>As I have mentioned, I have been working on a Java RMI network chess game.
>However, due to my full-time employment and enormous requirment for this
>game to work properly, it would take me a while before I am able to deliver
>an Alpha version of this game.
>
>In my opinion, if you would like to have an addition to extras of a
>multiplayer chess game there are two options:
>1) If it's no hurry I can work on it on my own and when I am ready, I'll
>provide an Alpha version for a review or,
>2) I can submit a 'work-in-progress' source code so others can continue to
>build upon it (I just hope you'd be able to make sense of my code :-) ).

To be honest, I think a combination of both of the above are ideal.
When you're comfortable enough with it, put the source somewhere (in
CVS, SVN, HG, BAZ, <your RCS of choice here>).  This will allow not only
other Fedora developers a chance to work on it, but also developers
using other distributions.  We're all about being open.  :-)