[Fedora-mentors-list] regional Fedora Ambassadors Mentoring

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:31:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Fellows,
>
> it is time to put the regional mentoring in the hands of the regional
> Ambassador Mentors - i talked to herlo yesterday and he took charge to
> organize the regional Mentoring. As AMA and FAMSCO i will participate in
> this process and all the meetings as a liason and a part of the mentoring
> team. Thanks herlo, to take this important task.
>
> CU Joerg

Hi all,

Thanks Joerg for passing the baton, I'll do my best to get the
Mentoring Project off the ground and running smoothly.  My hope is to
make a great team effort to provide some positive mentoring
experiences for the new (and upcoming) contributors.

To start off with, Joerg tells me the mentors meeting never
materialized last time, so I'd like to take a moment and see if we
can't schedule another meeting for the Fedora Mentoring Project.

I'd like to say that the point of this meeting is to help define some
goals for the Mentoring Project going forward.  We'll discuss what the
NA Ambassadors (and any others) we can do with the information they've
been gathering regarding mentoring.

I've scheduled a meeting this coming Sunday, February 15 @ 16:00 UTC
(That's 12pm ET, 6pm in Brussels) [1] and we meet in #fedora-meeting.
Please make it a point to attend, we're going to discuss how we should
move forward, basic goals and how we can make a positive impact.

I'll be working on an agenda shortly, so watch for another email and
if you have anything you'd like to submit, feel free to reply with
suggestions.

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting_channel#Time_table