[Fedora-music-list] Free/open music scene ...

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 15:50:27 UTC 2006

Something else you can do that will really help: set up a torrent with all
that great new bandwidth.  :)

The reasons that I'm *really* excited about Jamendo:

1. Lots of free content in one place, with a rating mechanism that
actually works.

2. Real growth in artists.

3. Bittorrent, which means low costs for delivery.

4. They serve Oggs!  This will be *crucial* for the Fedora story.

BUT... the Ogg torrents are underserved.  Help.  :)  Here's what you
yourself can do, right now:

http://www.jamendo.com/us/static/jamendotools_jamseeder/

I'm working to get hardware, but it could be a while before it's ready to
go -- like, a month-ish.  In the meantime, I'm about to go buy a big
external hard drive, attach it to an old system at home, and run Jamseeder
myself.

--g