[Fedora-music-list] Re: Free/open music scene ...

Sylvain ZIMMER sylvain at sylvainzimmer.com
Wed Aug 30 17:12:37 UTC 2006

Mike A. Harris a écrit :
> Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>> Something else you can do that will really help: set up a torrent
>> with all that great new bandwidth.  :)
>>
>> The reasons that I'm *really* excited about Jamendo:
>>
>> 1. Lots of free content in one place, with a rating mechanism that
>> actually works.
>>
>> 2. Real growth in artists.
>>
>> 3. Bittorrent, which means low costs for delivery.
>>
>> 4. They serve Oggs!  This will be *crucial* for the Fedora story.
>>
>> BUT... the Ogg torrents are underserved.  Help.  :)  Here's what you
>> yourself can do, right now:
>>
>> http://www.jamendo.com/us/static/jamendotools_jamseeder/
>>
>> I'm working to get hardware, but it could be a while before it's
>> ready to go -- like, a month-ish.  In the meantime, I'm about to go
>> buy a big external hard drive, attach it to an old system at home,
>> and run Jamseeder myself.
>
> I'll definitely explore doing that.  I've got an aggregated up/down
> 100Gb monthly transfer cap, which is _tonnes_ more than I ever use
> personally, so I definitely have some bandwidth and cap to share.

Thanks a lot!

We definately need some help to seed the torrents :-/

Actually our primary seed had a hard drive failure yesterday so
jamseeder won't be able to get its data until tomorrow maybe. I'll keep
you updated with that but thanks in advance for planning to use it !

Regards,

--
Sylvain
CTO, jamendo.com