[Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue May 9 01:58:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 18:38 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > A similar situation exists currently in the CCRMA repo - the LADSPA
> > plugins are not called ladspa-<plugin_name> but instead just
> > <plugin_name>. That can be confusing at times.
>
> Hmmm, is that a real rule for Fedora packages?
> See:
> http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/repoview/swh-plugins-0-0.4.14-6.fc5.html

No, it's not a rule.  Every once in a while there are package name rule
discussions (my personal "favorite" is perennial java-FOO discussion),
but, AFAIK, there have never been rules for plugins, etc.

When I added swh-plugins to Extras, I just used the name from CCRMA.  If
I were to do it from scratch, I think maybe I would have used
swh-ladspa, or something like that.   But I don't think it matters
enough to change now.

AG