[Fedora-music-list] CCRMA kernel in FC5?

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Sat May 20 23:31:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 15:56 -0700, thewade wrote:
> But I am a long time CCRMA fan and the packages and kernel offered by
> CCRMA for FC4 really make my musical life easier. And so I ask: is
> there an FC5 CCRMA kernel and packages repository yet?

I don't think there's a kernel, but there are other packages. See:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/repodata/index.html

A couple of those packages have subsequently been merged into Fedora
Extras.  jack-audio-connection-kit just found a Extras sponsor today, so
I expect many other packages should be arriving in Extras soon.

> I would really love to not have to go back to building my own kernels
> using Ingo M.'s patches and then having to build all my sound tools
> myself using rpmbuild.

The stock kernel works well enough for me.  Just follow the directions
in /usr/share/doc/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.101.1/README.Fedora.

AG