[Fedora-music-list] jack and /etc/security/limits.conf

Tue Jan 9 00:49:58 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 16:41 -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 14:18 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
> > Oh, I like this idea.  So the jack-audio-connection-kit %post would
> > create a jackuser group, and add the following to limits.conf...
> >
> > @jackuser - rtprio 20
> > @jackuser - memlock 131072
>
> Modifying other packages config files in %post is evil hackery that
> should be avoided at all costs. As we're entering the grand new era of
> the Unified Nation of Fedora, we should be able to push to have the
> proper settings in limits.conf to begin with....

I agree...

What I have done in the past (have not done it yet for fc6 as I have not
released a low latency kernel) is to publish pam packages in Planet
CCRMA so that things work "out of the box" for Planet CCRMA users. A lot
less than optimal but the only way I could get things to work with no
"hacking" of configuration files, etc, etc.

-- Fernando