[Fedora-music-list] Getting started?

Thu May 3 17:09:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 19:37 +0930, Ant wrote:
> [...]
> > sound/music apps nicely categorized, at least the ones coming from
> > Planet CCRMA.
>
> Wow thanks heaps for that, heaps to play with!
>
> I just did:
>
> rpm -ivh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/6/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.0-3.fc6.ccrma.noarch.rpm
>
> followed by:
>
> yum install planetccrma-core planetccrma-apps planetccrma-menus
>
> resulting in:
>
> Transaction Summary
> Install    270 Package(s)
> Update       3 Package(s)
> Remove       0 Package(s)
>
> Exactly what I needed to know! :)
>
> ... 10 mins later...
>
> Bugger:
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/el_GR/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/el_GR/LC_MESSAGES/libardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/it_IT/LC_MESSAGES/libardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/pt_PT/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/libardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/sv_SE/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>   file /usr/share/locale/sv_SE/LC_MESSAGES/libardour.mo conflicts
> between attempted installs of ardour2-2.0-1.fc6.ccrma and
> ardour-0.99.3-8.fc6
>
> But thats what the current thread is about, having both versions?

For some reason yum barfs on installing both, but yum installing them
separately succeeds, so for now do:

  yum install ardour
  yum install planetccrma-apps

> I also
> fear my video drivers will break with the rt kernel since I use the
> nvidia binary packages from livna. I can fix this by hand with nvidias
> installer, but I guess thats the problem with closed source stuff and
> mixing and matching from different repos.

I think some users have had success with rebuilding the glue layer on
nvidia's driver with the Planet CCRMA rt kernel but I have not done it
myself (you'll need to install the proper kernel-rt-devel package for
that to work).

-- Fernando