[Fedora-music-list] DJ software

Mario Torre neugens at limasoftware.net
Fri Oct 26 15:57:46 UTC 2007

Hi!

Next week there will be a party for a dear friend, and I was asked to
put on some music.

It's not a problem for me to prepare a playlist and just use amarok (or
what else), but I wanted to know if there is a better application
packaged for Fedora or in PlaneCCRMA that allow me to also mix tracks
other then defining the playlist.

The applications should be able to read mp3, oggs and aac files, so the
best should be something that rely on gstreamer and has alsa/jack output
support.

I've searched around, but it seems that there are only a couple of DJ
solutions and are not packaged (not that I'm scared about
configure/make/make install).

I will just use the laptop sound card, connected to a mixer with a
standard RCA cable, so I don't really need all this power, but still
some basic mixing support would be welcomed.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mario
--
Lima Software - http://www.limasoftware.net/
GNU Classpath Developer - http://www.classpath.org/
Jabber: neugens at jabber.org
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Please, support open standards:
http://opendocumentfellowship.org/petition/
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/