[Fedora-music-list] Ardour 2.2 upgrade issue

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 16:52:50 UTC 2008

I was looking at upgrading ardour to 2.2 for f8 and devel when I came
across the following note:

    Important note for upgrading from 2.1 or earlier

Please note that for several of the new features and fixes listed below,
it is necessary to remove or update the following files if you have them
in your ~/.ardour2 directory:

    * ardour2_ui.rc
    * ardour.bindings
    * ardour2_ui.conf

We have still not come up with an easy way to "upgrade" per-user files
when we change key bindings, the menu structures and add/remove various
UI color codes.

So... how should we handle this in our package?  It seems nasty to do
something like "rm /home/*/.ardour2/ardour2_ui.rc" at install time, but
that might still be the best way to deal with this.
Or....?

AG