[Fedora-music-list] Audacity post-1.3.4-beta builds for testers (20080123)

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Sat Jan 26 21:22:11 UTC 2008

Dnia 2008-01-23, o godz. 22:06:01 "Michael Schwendt" <mschwendt at gmail.com>
napisał(a):

> New Fedora 8 binaries of Audacity (CVS snapshot from 20080123) for
> i386 and x86_64 can be found here:
Thanks!

> PortAudio v19 in Audacity has seen enough changes as to improve ALSA
> support here compared with Audacity 1.3.3-beta and 1.3.4-beta. JACK
> support is built in again, but still might be disabled by default in
> one of upstream's next releases.
Well, it needs a full restart to see or stop seeing a device, be it JACK
sink/source (which can appear and disappear) or an ALSA input/output device
(which can be busy when Audacity starts).

If I use JACK-aware filter taking input from physical line-in, but I want to
record unfiltered sound from the microphone too (the sound card has one
"input" switching mode using the mixer), I have to stop the filter program and
restart Audacity to see the ALSA device, then start the filter program and
restart Audacity to see the JACK device. Not very productive.

And for the first time, preferences menu needed a really long time to appear
(probably probing for devices).

Other then that, it runs and appears to play audio. I haven't really tested
any features. Maybe some other time in the upcoming week.

Lam