[Fedora-music-list] How can I fib to yum?

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Mon Nov 10 20:01:52 UTC 2008

I am running Fedora 9.93 and so far I'm very happy with it.
The problem is though that I would like to be able to install
some packages and this doesn't happen because yum reports version 9.93
instead of 9.
This has always been a problem for me on pre-release versions and I
probably should know some way around it but I don't.
So how do I get yum to install version 9 packages?

Conflicts/crashes are not any problem since I keep at least one laptop and desktop just
for testing things and these are completely  backed up to a external hard drive.
Thanks,
  Bert