[Fedora-music-list] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Sound on laptop docking station

Thu Feb 19 03:44:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 22:02 -0500, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Does anybody know which software component might be responsible for this
> kind of switching (e.g. kernel, ALSA stuff, jack stuff, etc.) so that I
> might be able to submit a Bugzilla feature request somewhere?

I imagine it would be the job of alsa to autoswitch to the proper
outputs (just as it does when you insert a headphone into the headphone
jack). But maybe not alsa alone, I think there are (acpi?) events
generated on dock insertion... don't know who would take care of
servicing them.

-- Fernando