[Fedora-music-list] F10 in trouble?

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 20:18:27 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 14:45:27 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Sigh. Firewire. Fedora. Sigh. Faado will only work with the Planet CCRMA
> kernel because the Fedora kernel still insists in shipping with the new
> stack only

The new stack beats the pants off the old one in pretty much every single
area except this one. In a pinch, you can replaced *just* the firewire
drivers in the Fedora kernel w/o having to use an entirely different kernel.

Note that as of 2.6.30, I believe ffado should work just fine with the
new firewire stack (based on a discussion I vaguely recall on the
linux1394 mailing list). Quite a bit of work has gone into libraw1394,
libiec61883 and the firewire drivers in the past month.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com