[fedora-my] Calling for .MY students to the Fedora Campus Ambassador program

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 04:36:19 UTC 2009

Ok, this havent kickstart globally yet (and still a draft), anyway , I
want to see how many people in .MY interested .. if many, we can
kickstart it early in .MY .. so , here goes.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Campus_Ambassadors

== What is the Campus Ambassadors program? ==

* To build up individual Fedora communities on campuses, and provide
resources for students to organize events and contribute their code
and ideas to Fedora.
* To help students network with other open source and Fedora
contributors, and lay the groundwork for potential summer internships
* To create a fun and exciting network of passionate, dedicated people
to spearhead Fedora's presence on college campuses
* To work with faculty and students both to promote free and open
source software on campus

== What do Campus Ambassadors get? ==

The Fedora Campus Ambassadors program receive many benefits, amongst
the following:

* Learn and Increase your knowledge about Fedora, Linux and Open Source
* Become a member of the foremost Open Source community
* Create a name for yourself and network with a world class team of
people who put together and run the most cutting edge Distro and
community out there
* Have your blog aggregated on the Fedora Planet blog site
* A great opportunity to learn and develop communication skills
* Lots of experience doing community driven marketing
* Stipends for running an event (pizza, soda, etc.)
* Schwag to give out at events and a cool exclusive Campus
Ambassadors, t-shirt
* Earn a trip to FUDCon!!!

== What is required of Campus Ambassadors? ==

* One tech talk per semester highlighting Fedora and/or Fedora-related
technologies
* Let us know an event is taking place by posting to the wiki and the
mailing list
* An event report and blog post as a followup
* Work with faculty and staff to find new ways and opportunities for
Fedora on your campus
* Be a self-starter and identify other ways in which we can help YOU!
* Attend periodic irc meetings to help coordinate efforts
* Collaborate and coordinate with other Fedora presence on/near your campus

== How do I become a Campus Ambassador? ==

* Sign up for a Fedora account at
[http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora here], click the "set up an
account link"
* Join and introduce yourself the mailing list [http://linkhere
campus-ambassadors at list.fedoraproject.org] - not active yet
* Join the IRC Channels #fedora-campusamb and #fedora-ambassadors at
[irc://irc.freenode.net irc.freenode.net]
* Get going!!

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru  天野晃 「あまの ひかる」