[Fwd: [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "FWN/Beats/Developments" by RahulSundaram]

Oisin Feeley oisin.feeley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 16:18:59 UTC 2007

On 4/22/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

Hi all,
Just checking mail very briefly

> I'm not so sure it was pointless to identify when f-devel-l gets
> hijacked and what the consequences are.  Not feeding the trolls on list
> is pretty important, but talking about the consequences and facts of it
> all seems like it might be useful.

I fear developer frustration and resulting flight from a public list if
this sort of provocation goes on.  I think it's useful to mention it on
occasion.  I really value the information volunteered by participants
on that list and I'd hate to see them decide that it wasn't worth the
trouble.

>  The slight derisive tone is
> interesting to me, as well.

I definitely didn't want it to be derisive, so I apologize if it's perceived
that way by anyone.  I honestly think that the metaphor of it being a
confused collision in the fog is apt.  I don't think the main complainants
had done much/any research on the issue and it's hard to pick out any
concrete point about development that they were making.  All that
results from discussion of non-specific and hence non-fixable complaints
is frustration and frayed tempers.

If the section is seen as "derisive" then it should definitely go though,
with my apologies to anyone insulted by it and I should be more careful
in tone.  Maybe the last paragraph should be cut?

Oisin