In the news

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 18 14:32:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

This is just an idea I have been thinking about for sometime. Instead of
  Fedora Marketing beat covering just Fedora news, could we instead do a
more editorial style coverage of interesting news related to Free
software including Fedora of course.  A recent example,

-----

== School detention for using Firefox turns out to be a hoax ==

An interesting story making the rounds this week is the one about a
school student getting detention for using Firefox [1]. Fortunately it
turned out to be a hoax [2] although there are a number of similar
incidents of lack or technical savvy people or outright paranoia that
have prevented the spread of good Free and open source software. Keep an
eye for these. Incidentally Firefox is the default browser in Fedora and
Firefox 3 [3] with much better Linux integration is about to be released
in a short while

[1]http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456/0/1197784327416.png
[2]
http://www.bigspring.k12.pa.us/news.php?action=view_article&article_id=2130